MD/CEO | SynClear Engineering | Lagos, Nigeria
Joseph Poplinger participating as an industry expert and judgeTweet
My name is Joseph Poplinger, and I am an Electrical Engineer with over 30 years of Electrical Engineering working experience in Construction, Design, Oil and Gas industry, Military Applications, amongst others. I am a Specialist in Cyclic Maintenance Design for Critical Electrical Systems for achieving minimum MTTR and maximum MTBF. I am fully and legally registered to practice as an Engineer in Israel and Nigeria (COREN registered). I am also a Fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.
I received my degree from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, where I graduated with a B.Sc. Electrical Engineering in 1990, specializing in Electrical Power Systems Engineering, Control and Automation, Power Electronics Circuits, Telecommunications and Fiber Optic Systems Engineering.
I am currently MD/CEO of SynClear Engineering Services Limited (since 2017)
I have also held the following positions:
- Head of Electrical Department of the IDF, with rank of Major when I left (1989-1997)
- Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of AFCON Nigeria (1997-1999)
- Manager of Northern Branch, ELCO Contracting & Services Ltd in Israel (1999-2004)
- Deputy GM & Operations Manager ETCO Nigeria Ltd (2004-2007)
- Chief Electrical Maintenance Engineer in NLNG (2007-2011)
- Chief Electrical Engineer of ETCO Nigeria (2011-2017)